MUREX EXPLORE MORE 2020
12 Days of Exploration from 20th June – 1st July
Discover one of the most phenomenal regions of Earth with expert presenters, hands-on discovery & adventure.
Turtles, Coral Reefs, Primates, Tangkoko, Mangroves, Rainforests, Bamboo and Sugar Palm
Coral Reefs with Vincent Chalias
Explore North Sulawesi’s coral reefs with world renowned coral expert Vincent Chalias. Dive the kaleidoscopic coral reefs of Bangka Island, Bunaken’s staggering walls, visit the coral nursery at Murex Bangka and plant your own corals as Vincent reveals the secrets of reefs, their importance on Earth and how to protect, regenerate and restore them.
Sea Turtles with Expert Chris Brown
Dive the Bunaken Marine Park with leading sea turtle expert Chris Brown. Chris will introduce you to the resident populations of hawksbill and green sea turtles, their habitats, biology and life cycles. Chris will explain the importance of protecting these ancient, endangered species.
Primates with Selamatkan Yaki
Trek through the Tangkoko rainforest with Sulawesi’s leading macaque conservation organisation as we search for the endemic Sulawesi crested black macaques and the tiny tariser monkeys. Observing these rare primates in the wild is an experience of a lifetime. The Tangkoko Nature Reserve is one of the only places on Earth to see these primates in their habitat.
Mangrove forests are one of the most important and yet threatened ecosystems on Earth. Explore these magnificent waterways by boat, sea kayak and snorkel. Join our mangrove expert as we venture into a melting pot of nature where reef meets rainforest.
EXPLORE MORE 2020
20th June – 1st July 2020
11 nights (5 nights Murex Manado / 6 nights Murex Bangka)
A holiday experience unlike any other.
From diving with turtles and helping to generate new coral reefs through to spending time with primates in the wild
and exploring primary rainforest – all with renowned experts on hand.
This is a once in a lifetime chance to experience some of the most unique wildlife and ecosystems on Earth.
Murex In-House Guide: Rico Taramen
Our in-house tour guide Rico Taramen will be supporting land-based activities and sharing his extensive local knowledge and experience. Rico, who originates from Manado, has been guiding guests around North Sulawesi for almost 20 years and has a particular interest in tropical birds, the ecology of Sulawesi and Tangkoko wildlife.
Rico also has expert knowledge in the culture and history of North Sulawesi and he will be sharing his insights into the people and traditions of the region throughout the Explore More 2020 event.
Murex Explore More 2020 (20th June to 1st July 2020) includes:
- 5 Nights full board accommodation in a Deluxe Cottage at Murex Manado
- 6 Nights full board accommodation in a Hillside Deluxe Cottage at Murex Bangka
- 21 guided boat dives sessions (or snorkeling) including 2 guided boat boat dives on the transfer day from Manado to Bangka
- Daily presentations by our professional presenters on a wide range of topics including; sea turtles, corals and coral reefs, wildlife of North Sulawesi (black macaques & tarsier monkeys), mangroves, bamboo, and palm trees
- Unlimited house reef diving/snorkeling (8am to 5pm)
- All land-based activities including; Tangkoko Nature Reserve, Highlands Tour (Lake Tondano, Tomohon Market, Mahawu Volcano, Lake Linow and local villages, please note that highlands tour itinerary may change), Lihunu village tour, Mangrove Boat Cruises, Coral Farm and Nursery plus other optional tours.
- Maximum 4:1 diver to guide ratio
- Unsurpassed dive guide attention and superlative resort service to compliment the entire event.
- Welcome cocktail or mocktail upon arrival at Murex Manado
- Event round-up, dinner, and entertainment on the closing night
- All meals & snacks, brewed coffee, tea, drinking water
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Free WiFi in resorts
Divers: US $2,780 (per person based on double occupancy) / Nitrox upgrade: US $126
Snorkelers: US $2,250 (per person based on double occupancy)
STAY LONGER AND SEE MORE
To make the most of this incredible event, we recommend arriving at Murex Manado 3 days before to enjoy some relaxing diving in the Bunaken Marine Park and Manado Bay.
Stay for longer on Bangka Island after the closing of the event, with an optional 4 night extension and dive Bangka’s kaleidoscopic coral reefs or simply kick back and enjoy the relaxed island vibes.
Do you want to combine Explore More 2020 with the best muck diving on Earth? Stay for 4 or more nights at Lembeh Resort and discover why the Lembeh Strait is known as the Critter Capital of the World! For pre-event and/or post-event extensions, contact us for prices.
For more information about the event, or to make a reservation, please email us on: reservations@MurexDive.com
We look forward to welcoming you to North Sulawesi in 2020!