Learn to Dive in Bunaken Marine Park, North Sulawesi
Have you always dreamed of exploring vibrant coral reefs and swimming through clouds of colorful fish? When you learn to dive in Sulawesi, that’s exactly what you’ll experience. You’ll be immersed in an underwater world which is teeming with life and bursting with colors.
Situated in a small coastal village outside of Manado, Murex Dive Resorts is just a stone’s throw away from the Bunaken Marine Park – and that’s where you’ll be making some of your first ever scuba dives. Learn to dive in Bunaken and you’ll be diving world class coral reefs in the heart of the Coral Triangle.
Take your PADI Open Water Course with Murex Dive Resorts and you’ll stay in our beautiful seafront resort, have access to our House Reef which is just a walk off the beach, complete your skills sessions in our purpose built training pool and be taught by one of our professional PADI Instructors.
What is the PADI Open Water Diver Course?
The PADI Open Water Course is the first level of diving certificate. You’ll learn how to become a safe, competent and confident diver and you’ll be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters / 60 feet. During your course you’ll dive on our beautiful House Reef as well as making dives in the famous Bunaken Marine Park where turtles abound.
Do I Need Any Experience to Take the PADI Open Water Course in North Sulawesi?
No previous diving experience is required. Providing you are in good general health, are able to swim and have a reasonable level of fitness, you can sign up for the program. Learning to dive is a great experience for kids too – providing they are over 10 years old, why not learn to dive together as a family?
What Does The PADI Open Water Course Include?
The PADI Open Water Course is divided into 3 components (1) Knowledge Development, (2) Confined Water Dives and (3) Open Water Dives, as follows:
• Knowledge Development: This is where you learn about the theory of diving and there are two options for completing this component.
1. PADI eLearning: We encourage all Open Water students to complete PADI eLearning prior to arrival in Sulawesi. PADI eLearning allows you to work from home, at your own pace and fit your studying around your existing schedule. With the theory already completed, you won’t have to spend your holiday time studying – instead you’ll be enjoying putting your theory in to practice and having fun! Our eLearning course take three days here at Murex.
2. Studying at Murex – It is possible to complete the Knowledge Development here. You’ll work through the PADI Student Manual and videos and answer quiz questions as you go along. There is a final exam at the end. If you are studying here, your Open Water Course will take 4 days.
• Confined Water Dives: These are sessions in our purpose built dive training pool which overlooks the ocean. You’ll learn and practice basic diving skills and techniques to keep you safe. Confined water sessions are a lot of fun and give you the opportunity to get familiar with the gear and techniques in a safe environment. You’ll gain a lot of confidence in these sessions and you’ll be ready to hit the ocean in no time!
• Open Water Dives: This is what it’s all about – diving in the ocean and seeing the phenomenal underwater world of North Sulawesi. You’ll make 4 dives in the ocean during your course and you’ll be able to explore our stunning house reef as well as dive world-famous dive sites in the Bunaken Marine Park. Look out for turtles, schools of colorful fish and mesmerizing coral reefs!
Why Learn to Dive in Bunaken with Murex Dive Resorts?
Murex Dive Resorts are the pioneers of diving in North Sulawesi. Established 30 years ago, here at Murex Dive Resorts we pride ourselves on providing fun and safe diving experiences for all levels. Our friendly and professional team will be by your side from start to finish. We are passionate about marine life and marine conservation and our enthusiasm is contagious!
We believe in allowing student divers to progress at their own pace. When you learn to dive with us you’ll never feel pressured or rushed – you are on holiday here in North Sulawesi and we want you to have a great time.
Do you have more than 4 days to spend with us? Why not sign up for some diving trips for after your course so you can see more of Bunaken and Manado’s dive sites? We also offer day trips to Bangka Island where you’ll discover pristine white sand beaches, perhaps see dolphins jumping alongside the boat and visit even more great diving spots.
Do you want to see some of the top side nature and culture of North Sulawesi during your stay? Join us for some land tours while you are here. Visit the Minahasan highlands, local markets, waterfalls, lakes, villages or take a walk through the Tangkoko National Park looking for endemic species of birds, black macaques and the world’s smallest primate – the tarsier.
If you’d like more information about joining us and learning to dive in Sulawesi, contact us on: email@example.com
We are looking forward to exploring North Sulawesi underwater with you soon!